Poha is one of the famous Indian breakfast recipes. This poha recipe is a very easy, quick and satisfying recipe which you can make for your breakfast. The version I am sharing today has No-onion and No-Garlic (Jain Poha Recipe). This no-onion garlic poha version is our family favourite recipe.
- 2 Cups Poha (Flattened Rice Flakes)
- 1 medium sized Tomato Finely Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 tbps Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard (rai) Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- ½ Cups Roasted Pea-nuts coarsely crushed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (haldi) Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar optional
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander Leaves to Garnish
Rinse and soak Poha (Flattened Rice Flakes) in water for around 1 mins.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
when mustard seeds crackles, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, finely chopped green chilly and crushed roasted peanuts.
Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to it.
Cook till tomato softens, then add soaked poha into the mixture.
Add sugar and lemon juice as per taste and mix everything nicely.
Let it cook for 2 minutes.
Remove poha in a bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot for breakfast.
- If you have Peanut Allergy then you can completely avoid peanuts in this recipe. Always ask your doctor before trying.