Jainism & it’s beliefs shape drastically food habits among the jain people. Jain Upma is one regular Jain Recipe.
Serving : 2 Persons
- 1 Cup Semolina (Rawa or Sooji)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Curd) (Ideally Sour)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teapsoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Urid Dal
- 6-8 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1-2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (Slit) (As Per Taste)
- Coriander Leaves (Kothmir) (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- First, add 1 Tablespoon of Ghee in a Pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds and Urid Dal.
- roast it until Urid Dal turns golden and mustard seeds start to crackle, then add Curry Leaves.
- Then one by one add Green Chilies, Cumin Seeds and Semolina to the Pan.
- Roast Semolina till it becomes little golden in color.
- then remove it & keep it aside.
- Now in one bowl, add 1 Cup of Yogurt & add 2 Cups of Water.
- Warm this Curd mixture in & keep it aside.
- Now, heat 1 Tablespoon of ghee in a pan and add warm Curd Mixture to it.
- Add Salt as per taste and bring it to a boil.
- Finally, add Semolina mixture slowly into boiling curd mixture.
- Now, make sure you stir it continuously to avoid Lumps.
- After a few minutes remove from the flame.
- Garnish it with coriander before serving.
- You can also add Cashew Nuts, Green Peas, Kishmis as per taste.
- Now your delicious jain upma is ready top serve.