Poha is one of the famous Indian breakfast recipes. This poha recipe is a very easy, quick and satisfying recipe. You can easily make in your breakfast. The version I am sharing today has No-onion and No-Garlic(Jain Poha Recipe). This no-onion garlic poha version is our family favorite recipe.
Poha is a versatile recipe so you can find a lot of variations & types in this recipe. Aloo Poha, Indori poha and Kanda poha are some famous one. Aloo Poha is famous in north India. Indori poha is a famous version of Indore, MP and Kanda poha is a famous version of Maharashtra so it can be served as fulfilling meal or Breakfast or as a tiffin delicacy.
- nonstick pan
- 2 Cups Poha (Flattened Rice Flakes)
- 1 medium sized Tomato Finely Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 tbps Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard (rai) Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- ½ Cups Roasted Pea-nuts coarsely crushed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (haldi) Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar optional
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander Leaves to Garnish
- Rinse and soak Poha (Flattened Rice Flakes) in water for around 1 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- when mustard seeds crackles, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, finely chopped green chilly and crushed roasted peanuts.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to it.
- Cook till tomato softens, then add soaked poha into the mixture.
- Add sugar and lemon juice as per taste and mix everything nicely.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove poha in a bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot for breakfast.
- If you have Peanut Allergy then you can completely avoid peanuts in this recipe. Always ask your doctor before trying.